Tuesday, April 12, 2011



My favorite material to craft with is paper. I love the patterns, the textures, the colors, and most of all the price. Something that I have been doing a lot of lately is finding pictures online that catch my eye and using them as patterns. I'm not sure of what the proper name would be for this technique but I'm sure I'm not the only person who does it. Now this may not be the most simple of projects but I don't always do things the simple way. In fact I have been known to take that all too bumpy path of going all the way around my butt to get to my elbow. Find your own form of easy, do what you feel comfortable doing. When I was planning the baby shower I used this technique on all my centerpieces. I would find cute pics of pregnant women, hold a clear piece of paper up to the computer screen, trace it out, cut it out, and then retrace the pattern on the color of paper that I wanted to use. I know it sounds complicated but I have had so much fun doing this. The centerpieces turned out so cute (I will post pictures when I talk about the baby shower) The picture above with the owl is an example of where I get my ideas. I can use the owl to make a cute greeting card or a piece of art for a kids room with their name or monogram on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment