Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dollar Store Decorating



Hi guys, so I recently purchased a Christmas tree at a yardsale that is meant to go outside. I brought the tree home and put it on my front porch. There it sat for several weeks waiting for me to put it away. After being asked a hundred time why I had a Christmas tree on my front porch I decided to do something with it. Since my garage looks like an episode of "Hoarders" I decided that it just couldn't take one more thing to be stuffed in there. So, I pulled out my easter eggs, white lights, and went to town. I really wish I had taken a picture of it because it really was cute. I actually was sad to have to take it down. So I started thinking about the next big holiday to come. Since Memorial Day and Fourth of July were next I headed to my local dollar store. There I purchased (2) rolls of Red, White, and Blue ribbon; (2) pks. of stars wire decoration, and a pack of pipe cleaners. I also purchased some other things that I'll talk about later. I made a bow (2 separate ones that I tied on back to back with pipe cleaners) for the top of my tree and just strung the stars garland all around. Then I took all of the red, white, and blue pipe cleaners and wrapped them around a pencil to make curly coils and just affixed them to the branches. Here is the final result, please comment and tell me what you think.






No comments:

Post a Comment