Sunday, September 2, 2012

My favorite favorite favorite craft of the entire wedding is the directional sign. Because the wedding site is a historical site we are limited to what we can do on the grounds so we made it to stand on it's own with out having to be driven into the ground. I bought a cheap piece of thin plywood that you can buy at Lowes (come in smaller pieces so you don't have to buy a whole piece of plywood.) and the post was purchased in the same section. I'm sorry I don't know the correct terminology for the wood I just looked at the size, smoothness and thickness of the board, and of course (you know me) price. I bought the cheapest thing I could find. I probably have around $10.00 in this sign including the paint. They have small paint sample buckets available at Lowes for about 3.00. You pick a color just like if you were picking out a color for your walls. It was enough to do all the projects I needed for the wedding and I still have some left over. The white paint was some that I already had. Once I painted the words on the sign I used an antiquing glaze over everything and made it look distressed. It is definitely one of my favorite crafts I've ever made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment